Followers

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Cute Little bug....

Good afternoon, and what a gorgeous day it is here, sun is shining and a light breeze to dry the washing, I've managed to get 2 loads done so far and im onto my third.

I managed to get time to make a card last night when everyone else was in bed and the house is nice and peaceful. I decided to use this cute little bug girl from hAnglar and sTanglar, shes such a little sweetie.


Ive gone a bit darker in my colours today as I felt these papers seemed to bring out the image.
I , yet again!!!, used my lovely first edition love letters papers, sorry just love them. I am waiting for another first edition pad coming in the post so I'll prob move onto that one next.

I decided to have a go at rolling some flowers for a change as I didn't really have flowers the correct colour. I used marrianne die to cut the spirals, bit of a cheat but it works well, I added little tiny pearls to each flower and put punched leaf fronds under the flowers.



The image is coloured with prisma pencils blended with sansador, It' s not really as dark as I wanted but Im still happy with it. Also everything has been attacked with stickles and iridescent medium.




I found the stunning lace in a little shop in the gorgeous town of Callander.
It is real antique handmade lace, dont know how old but its so delicate. It is a bit tatty in places but I think this just adds to the charm of it. I keep thinking of the amount of work that has gone into making it is amazing.


Well I'm off to do some more colouring of images and I have just had my post delivered and it looks like my new first edition pad woooohoooo, I'm off to do some paper stroking!!LOL!!!

Have a lovely day
Love and hugs
Kat
xxx

3 comments:

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Kat,
Love your hanglar card :))
The stamped butterfly is gorgeous!!
Love the layout. And the lace is very lovely.
Mel. xx

sara said...

Gorgeous kat love the colours and that lace is stunning I want some !!! love the rolled flowers too hope you find time to have a play with your new papers
Hugs sara x x

Liefs Ineke said...

Your card is very nice.

Gr. Ineke